Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic Goat Near Stovepipe Wells
That was a nice vid there DVDazed!   (and thanks for the kind comments). There's clearly a resident flock on Tucki.  There's a spring way up Mosaic - Twin Spring IIRC - and if you google it you can find at least one video showing lots of evidence of sheep using it.  (I tried to get up there once, but took a rather nasty fall that left me bloodied and shaken, but not really hurt, on the crossover between the upper side canyons).  I've seen sheep down in the canyon east of Grotto (<something> Bridge), on the road in to the Tucki Mine, and further up the mountain.  So I think that's a prime sheep viewing area. That pic of the lamb in the middle of the Badlands road is pretty cute!

As to behavior...  clearly shows that animals learn, right?  In fact just yesterday we were talking about how much more exciting it was to see the sheep up on Titanothere than in East Zion - where about 1/3 of the time you drive through, you see a small group next to the road.  And a few years ago in Joshua Tree, on a very popular trail. a ram was so close to the trail, and so unwilling to move, that I had to step off and work my way around him.  But what a classic pic!
[Image: classic_ram_large.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domestic Goat Near Stovepipe Wells - by MojaveGeek - 2021-04-15, 03:30 PM