Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildrose Station - Vintage Visit Memories
They YT comments copy-and-pasted above seem to lean toward uninformed cynicism.  There's a lot of that around these days.  Wink  So I'd take everything in that comment with a grain of salt.  It would appear that DAW has provided a more reliable source.

For one thing, it seems the ship has sailed on collecting fees along the roads.  The trend has been going in the other direction.  The little entry station at Grapevine has been closed for years.  Then the kiosks became the preferred method of paying fees.  But IIRC, they are now out of commission (someone tell me if I am wrong about that!).

I'd also be interested in knowing which specific roads are referred to here: "Over the years they have been allowing a number of the tertiary roads to degrade and close, funneling traffic to a handful of entrances."  Could anyone name an entrance road that has been closed?  In particular, in the last 20-30 years?

I'm reminded of this thread on PanamintValley.com:  "Roads and Historical Site Closures"  It was started to discuss and document "illegal road closures."  But the specific road closures people were complaining about were not  illegal.  The roads were in Wilderness areas and did not receive corridors.  There were vague illusions to other closures that weren't legal.  But details were lacking.

Having said all that, though, whatever became of this project?   Lower Wildrose Road Repair   I haven't been on lower Wildrose Road for awhile, was the road finally improved?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wildrose Station - Vintage Visit Memories - by Candace66 - 2021-08-21, 09:13 PM