Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historic Airports of Death Valley
(2021-10-03, 08:32 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Sorry you guys are barking up the wrong "White Sage".  White Sage Flat is a very noticeable area to the west as you go over Emigrant Pass.  There's an old road trace there and, if this link works, you can see the airstrip pretty clearly:
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.3283744,...a=!3m1!1e3

I was curious about White Sage Flat for years.  One year we started up the old road to Pinto from the pass and saw a guy going out that way.  Later saw him coming back down our way.  So we decided to replicate that loop, which turned out to be nice.  There's a lot of Joshua trees out on the flats.  There were hints of some former thin coating of asphalt like material on the part that I considered to be the air strip.  We followed the old road trace that goes just to the north side of the flat.

My first response to the location of White Sage was a bit south, in A Canyon just east of where White Sage Wash flows through. My second post had the same location as your link. For some reason, even though I posted fifteen minutes later, two of my posts were merged, making it confusing even for me ...  Huh
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Historic Airports of Death Valley - by bbbb - 2021-09-26, 05:05 PM
RE: Historic Airports of Death Valley - by DAW89446 - 2021-10-03, 09:16 PM