Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams!
(2021-10-13, 11:28 AM)John Morrow Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 10:30 AM)Beardilocks Wrote: EDIT:  Oh and to answer your original question, I'd really like to thru-hike Ubehebe to Eureka this year.  But I don't think I'll make it this winter...

When you do trips like this, do you cache H2O by vehicle ahead of time?  I get wussy about driving so much but would love to cross connect major valleys/flats, with over range routes.  there seems to be non-tech canyons coming off Dry/south L Chance Range as ccrossings.  

Copper Queen Tr->>Corridor Cany->>the big wide bajada valley thingy (advance short hike from Teakettle Jct to cache water in that valley)->> Serpent Canyon->>Saline Valley (H2O cache)->>White Rock cany->>Saline Peak->>hidden dunes->>Eureka

I don't think I could "sell" those thru hikes with my current cadre

All the thru hikes I've undertaken to this point have not been conducive to caching via vehicle (as in they crossed no roads).  I've always travelled in the winter months and carried just what I needed.  It doesn't leave much margin for error, but I usually just make it.  Lol.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams! - by Beardilocks - 2021-10-14, 07:15 AM