Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams!
(2022-08-21, 10:42 AM)TacoLand Wrote: Might have a gap in my schedule from late December thru the beginning of February, and the one thing I'd still really like to see is Corridor Canyon. Last few trips to DVNP have been really frustrating due to backcountry impact and lack of etiquette from other visitors, so would probably focus on the Owlshead area as it attracts the least amount of idiots. Other than that ... we shall see!

I went to check out Corridor Canyon in April this year, starting from the east.  However, just before the interesting bit of canyon I got to the first dryfall of consequence, about 15 feet of slick rock.  I was not confident that I would be able to scramble back up once having dropped down.  Plus, the prospect of having to hike all the way to Saline valley road and hope I could hitch a ride before nightfall didn't feel worth the risk.  So, I ended up turning around.  Whenever I go back I think I'll hike in from the other direction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams! - by Brice - 2022-08-22, 01:41 PM