Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams!
(2022-08-22, 01:41 PM)Brice Wrote: I went to check out Corridor Canyon in April this year, starting from the east.  However, just before the interesting bit of canyon I got to the first dryfall of consequence, about 15 feet of slick rock.  I was not confident that I would be able to scramble back up once having dropped down.  Plus, the prospect of having to hike all the way to Saline valley road and hope I could hitch a ride before nightfall didn't feel worth the risk.  So, I ended up turning around.  Whenever I go back I think I'll hike in from the other direction.

That dryfall was the only thing I was a bit nervous about on that hike.  It's really only weird because it's the only dryfall that I've ever approached from the top first.  It turned out to be an easy climb down and an even easier climb back up.  Plenty plenty of solid holds and steps.  I think the intimidating part is that it is harder to assess from the top than it is from the bottom with a full view.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give us your DEVA backcountry plans or dreams! - by Beardilocks - 2022-08-23, 07:07 AM