Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chloride Cliff from NE Outside Beatty
Went in there back in April. Against advice here, we drove a Subaru in from the pavement west of Daylight, passing Monarch Canyon crossing. We got to a spot where the road makes a sharp right turn to the west and then a hairpin and steep climb to the east. There's a big step up there that will stop most sedans and we had to back down to the hairpin to park, and walked from there.

Walking from there, in 1 1/4 miles there is a junction in an open area at about 4360 ft where, on foot, one turns right. The road is running E/W at this point, and I believe the road coming in to that junction from the E is the one you to which you refer. There was much more sign of vehicles there, and we saw at least one, I can't recall if it was a sedan but it was definitely not a monster rock crawler, that had come in that way.

That's the way I would go next time... But we still had a great day; we day hiked down to the Big Bell mine, going down by the old haul road, and back up via the much much nicer constructed miners' trail.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chloride Cliff from NE Outside Beatty - by MojaveGeek - 2021-09-30, 08:28 AM