Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random little used trails. Oh, and H2O updates?
(2021-10-18, 07:35 AM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Yes, I find that if you can locate some mine areas that were contemporary, there is invariably a path between them, so that's a great place to start.  And following the old trails is a lot of fun - they come and go sometimes and you have to put yourself in the mind of that tired miner just wanting to shortest route to his destination.

The old trail that takes off north from 190 just a bit west of the Emigrant turnoff is an interesting example.  It continues past Lemoigne Canyon and goes up the next big one, before I lost it.  I suspect it was a route up the canyon bottom wash and a pretty straight shot to Goldbelt, but I've not explored that.  And some very solid mine trails around Keane Wonder, and up to Chloride as well - these are quite clear on the ground.

I was quite psyched after ascending Keene Canyon to Big Bell, that there was a wonderful, well designed switchbacking trail back to the bottom to complete a wonderful loop.  I understand there is a nice dryfall bypass trail to the next canyon south (King Midas?).  I'd like to check it out soon, start early and in good enough shape to reach Chloride Cliff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random little used trails. Oh, and H2O updates? - by John Morrow - 2021-10-18, 01:51 PM