Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random little used trails. Oh, and H2O updates?
(2021-10-19, 08:36 PM)DeathValleyDazed Wrote: There exists a trail from King Midas to Keane Wonder but I have not been on it.

Just curious what makes you think this. I looked but did not find it, after pretty good study of the satellite images. Of course those images are better these days, that was quite a few years ago. And I can see some candidates I would check out on a return.

The King Midas trail does indeed bypass the dryfall (just looked). It forks, with the left fork (going up canyon) going to the mine, and the right fork dropping to the canyon floor. There is a trail across the wash that goes up headed toward Keane. I can also now see some trails with switchbacks that go up from Keane, up the south wall of the Keane canyon, but I can't quite see how to connect them, nor any evidence of those trails once you get out of the Keane canyon. But with careful navigating one could find them I think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random little used trails. Oh, and H2O updates? - by MojaveGeek - 2021-10-19, 08:57 PM