Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tap ... Tap ... Tap ... Is this Mike On?
(2021-11-22, 07:55 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Hey John!  Will look forward to TRs when you are able!  Punjabi Pk?  is that a name for the 8335 complex?  If so, that's a fun loop which I've done a few times in hot weather.  But I wonder where "Punjabi" came from, or if its a different peak?

Blackrock Well - very nice, no?  We went on up to the crest of the Nelson Range from there a few years ago, but did not take the best route - I can advise if anyone goes there.  I don't know Pt. of Doom, curious about that one.

For anyone doing Sidewinder, I  highly recommend the Willow / Sidewinder loop, though on a short day you then might not have time to fully explore the Sidewinder slots on the way out (and recommend doing it clockwise, as it is easier to fill or shorten your walk out with the number of slots you explore).

I just worked out a trip for late March!

BTW, based solely on lodging availability at SPW, it is going to be a busy spring out there!  If you're looking to stay there in March, you may already be SOL, better book ASAP.

Yup, Peak 8380. https://peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=-73287 Wanted Calville Ridge but r/o of time.  Made a fun loop.  Did you see petros on random limestone outcrops?  My aim was for your indian trail but went from Wildrose southward so never located it.

Took a nice route up Blackrock Canyon to Point 7046 on Nelson Crest.  Great view of 3 valleys and a flat!

Agree, the Wollow Loop is very worthy, but too lazy for this time.  Neat how it transitions from fanglomerate slots to pinkish limestone narrows of Willow.

Pit of Doom is one of the Princes Bride Range Canyons of Steve Hall.  parked at the elbow of the Cottonwood/Marble Road at mile 4.5.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tap ... Tap ... Tap ... Is this Mike On? - by John Morrow - 2021-11-24, 11:37 AM