Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any intel on the first 7 miles of Death Valley Rd. from Ubehebe Crater area?
Need some confirmation here ... Racetrack Road, freshly graded, is south of Ubehebe Crater.

Is that the road you're interested in, or the road that heads north from Ubehebe Crater towards Crankshaft Junction?

I'll let others weigh in but I would not recommend driving a sedan or low-clearance vehicle south from Ubehebe on Racetrack Road. And while there may be places you can pull aside on the road, there are no sanctioned pullouts until Teakettle Junction which is 20 miles. I've seen a sedan or two on Racetrack Road before and alternated between laughing & crying.

If you're interested in heading north from Ubehebe Crater towards Crankshaft Junction that is in fact a wider unpaved country road of sorts. Much less traffic than Racetrack and you've got general areas where you could pull to the side without getting passed by a lifted truck blasting through every couple of minutes. I also wouldn't recommend other people drive a sedan or low-clearance vehicle on such roads for multiple reasons.

YMMV. Could use some more info I guess, but doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any intel on the first 7 miles of Death Valley Rd. from Ubehebe Crater area? - by TacoLand - 2021-11-28, 03:24 PM