Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned Hiking Climbing Gear - Common?
Cool, DVD, thanks for the work to generate those GE images and link! I'm dubious you would see the gear - the image is dated 2013 and they went I believe in 2017? I stare at GE images so much... one can imagine many things! I've seen what looked like game or miner trails to just be the edge of an exposed contrasting stratum, stuff like that. But where you point out does seem to match pretty well with the pic; that's the key here. I was looking at a point slightly "upstream" - it looks like the wash with a bit of vegetation on the north side is a bit further below the point of view. But I get the area. How confident are you on the coordinates? Based on your memory, which is something I have no access to of course, or map matching like I was doing earlier today?

No guarantee I'll get over there, but I was thinking of going up Little Bridge as I was last there 15 years ago and none of my companions on this trip have been. It's not too far over to the gear site, but it is all perpendicular to the lie of the alluvial fan and we all know what walking on that crap is like. Or maybe we'll go right over to your no name. I do like to find hikes near SPW on some days, to not waste time driving.

Thanks!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abandoned Hiking Climbing Gear - Common? - by MojaveGeek - 2023-01-22, 06:28 PM