Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned Hiking Climbing Gear - Common?
(2023-01-22, 06:28 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: I'm dubious you would see the gear - the image is dated 2013  How confident are you on the coordinates? 

No guarantee I'll get over there, but I was thinking of going up Little Bridge as I was last there 15 years ago and none of my companions on this trip have been.  It's not too far over to the gear site, but it is all perpendicular to the lie of the alluvial fan and we all know what walking on that crap is like. 

MG, good catch on the date of GE image, which I failed to see so just now switched from GE Web to my GE Pro but there is no newer update. I'm quite confident of the coordinates and remembering the gear atop that knoll. I remember making the extra effort to scale the small knoll for a better view and re-orientation of my heading. 

If I were you I'd probably not even contemplate locating the gear, let alone packing it out over that gawd awful terrain. Leave that to whoever might be following this thread and has more gumption, better knees and ankles.  Tongue It was fun to revisit the area online. Have a great trip out to SPW and environs.
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abandoned Hiking Climbing Gear - Common? - by DeathValleyDazed - 2023-01-22, 09:11 PM