Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert
Son, I have one word for you: Plastics! (younger folks probably won't get that reference)
Seriously, the word is "Diclofenac". It is a topical NSAID, used to be RX but is now OTC I have quite bad knee arthritis and descents are always hard for me. I used to take two ibuprofin as my lunch desert, but now I take other meds for which the NSAIDs are not great, so I go with the topical stuff. I even carry a little vial of it in my pack and apply it a few times during the day. My main issue is that when my knees hurt, I walk more gingerly, which disrupts my gait drastically, and hence slows me down a lot, leading to "hike out in the dark" syndrome. If you don't need this stuff now, just file this away for future memory. It has been a game changer for me.

Now back to the topic. Don't mind hijacking the thread - it's my thread anyway Smile I am easily distracted. And its timely as I'm starting to think out options for my next trip out there, in late March. There is no way in hell I'd go up and back down to Dante's. I'd either set up a shuttle (though that eats precious time) or just go up and back down, maybe up to the Hades Fault area, that looks very interesting, and some great colors up there. So your videos and commentary on the area are most interesting.

Messages In This Thread
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by MojaveGeek - 2021-12-26, 02:11 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by Kauri - 2021-12-26, 08:02 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by MojaveGeek - 2021-12-28, 10:48 AM