Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert
Thanks for the comparison - good piece of work. Also looks like from 190 you do loss cutting across fans, and more going up fans. That's better. BTW, that old road you crossed is rather interesting. Last year we took a few hours and walked it - the road is self-evident most of the time, and you can find it quickly in washes where you lose it, but I'd taken a bunch of waypoints from sat images anyway. It leads to what was apparently an old trading post site new MacClean Spring. There's pieces of at least one old bridge across some of Salt Creek, but then you have to find your way and avoid the deep mud which is a mess if you step in it, as I did.

I do hope when I get out there it is cool enough to do some low valley hikes. Was not so last trip, so I have a bunch of low ones stored up on the to do list.

I hope you don't have a slide like I did either. It was rather frightening to be out of control heading toward real danger. And hiking poles are useless in that situation (or on snow) once your center of gravity is below where you planted the poles and you are moving.

Thanks for the info!

Messages In This Thread
Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by MojaveGeek - 2021-12-26, 02:11 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by Kauri - 2021-12-26, 08:02 PM
RE: Three weeks in the Sonoran desert - by MojaveGeek - 2021-12-29, 05:55 PM