Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Hall's Not Slowing Down - DEVA 2022
I can understand his feelings of burden as to writing reports and sharing photos. I once had a large website (1999-2012), burned out not once but twice and pulled the plug (though I gave the files of the core part to my host, who continued to keep it online before his site went dark about three years ago).

Creating, proof reading, editing and formatting web pages and trip reports can be quite laborious and time consuming. It can cause tension in the family. And the list goes on.

When I dabbled in professional photography in the early 1980s, I enjoyed it immensely until I had to address the technical aspects of photography. I was told by another professional photographer that my talents lie in the composition. So when I tried to be technical, I quickly lost interest in taking photos.

I’ve dabbled in video, even now. In the old days, computer video editing machines were archaic and results look silly today. In time they became better. My last computer based computer editing program was an Adobe Photoshop for video version. Today I can import phone video into my iPad and it’s far easier and quicker, but not as full of tools as Photoshop. But it’s time consuming and I quickly tire of it and only do personal videos now and then.

I agree that he could leave his website online. But does he pay for his website? If so, then depending on cost it might be a financial burden. It appears he’s still relatively young. His interests and priorities appear to have changed and he’s going with them. And if he can profit from them, I hope he succeeds. I’ve tried to profit, but those years I was active in writing it was between the old way of doing things and the new web based way of publishing one’s self.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Hall's Not Slowing Down - DEVA 2022 - by DAW89446 - 2022-01-17, 08:18 PM