Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello and some trip reports Jan 22
Sounds like you had options in mind.  Once I walked up Titus in rain from the lot, and on the way back down encountered a school bus (literally) worth of people!  But it is beautiful when the walls are wet.

Redwall... You really didn't like the approach, did you?  Smile  I don't consider that one too bad.  It is getting more use, based on my infrequent visits. Glad you liked it.  People say "never trust a rope that has been hanging out in the elements for unknown amounts of time".    Well I've never seen a rope there so never risked my bones on one.

If you pass the chockstone, things are very narrow, pretty, and twisty, but only for a short time.  

[Image: redwall_chute_large.jpg]

There is a bypass, which was posted on the old forum by Talus Jack.  I went over it once.  Go back downstream from the dryfall until you can see a route going up a rocky ramp on the south side.   It drops down steeply on the other side.   Looks scary but it actually isn't.   We are near the top of the pic below.   My son was 12 at the time.

[Image: redwall_bypass.jpg]

Finally, as DAW says, you can always find some fun there, but you need to pay attention to temps and wind.  If windy, go in a canyon - the dust won't be sand blasting your skin in there.   If hot, go high - think Towne Pass area, Wildrose etc. area, Dante's view / Greenwater valley area.   As long as you get a breeze, you're usually OK.   Or, if hot, get out really early and hike some place with a bit of mid day shade - canyon walls, steep walls of a wash, etc.

I'm going to be out last week of March.  Yes, it could be rather hot!  But I wanted to sleep at SPW and it was all booked up earlier, months ago. Suggests heavy usage this spring, in part pent up demand from last spring I bet.

Messages In This Thread
Hello and some trip reports Jan 22 - by Daymoth - 2022-01-14, 03:04 PM
RE: Hello and some trip reports Jan 22 - by MojaveGeek - 2022-02-10, 01:59 PM
RE: Hello and some trip reports Jan 22 - by Kauri - 2022-02-12, 09:56 AM
RE: Hello and some trip reports Jan 22 - by Kauri - 2022-02-12, 02:42 PM
RE: Hello and some trip reports Jan 22 - by Kauri - 2022-02-12, 08:35 PM