Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strap In - Six Minute Flight - Vegas To Furnace Creek
(2022-01-22, 07:43 PM)DAW8944 Wrote: The graphics gave it away for me. Then the overhead shots of the plane in flight gave it away.
What's funny about my cluelessness about flight simulators is that I knew the shots of the plane from a distance flying were a simulation but I still thought the pilot/videographer was skilled at inserting the shots as augmented reality. I also wondered how he mounted a camera on his head and kept is so level and why I didn't see his knees and hands on the controls. I thought he was just a skilled cameraman.  Sick

Another factor that you did not see and what I edited out but can been seen at the conclusion of the original 58 minute simulation is a complete walk around the airport hangar including the burro pens and other details that I've actually seen myself when out at the airport. Like Mojave Geek noted, the people do look like zombies. LOL 

For anyone interested in the simulated walk around the airport hangar start at about minute 56:00. FYI, there really is a shed on the north side of the main hangar, the square object out on the tarmac is a California Highway Patrol fueling station for their helicopters and aircraft and is not accessible for fueling private aircraft. The dumpsters are in their usual spots. I've never seen actual burros in the the pens the but the burro rescue organization does use them sporadically. I've seen large hay bales being stored there, but they are not in the simulation. 
Life begins in Death Valley

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strap In - Six Minute Flight - Vegas To Furnace Creek - by DeathValleyDazed - 2022-01-22, 08:17 PM