Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Did You Do in Death Valley Today?
(2022-04-11, 08:27 AM)trailhound Wrote: Burn out is very real. You can end up working 60 or more hours a week to accomplish what you used to do in 40.

This is very true. And burnout can also cause folks to make mistakes they otherwise wouldn’t have made, which then ends up taking even more time to fix, and it just becomes a vicious cycle. It took me a long time to learn this, partly I think because it doesn’t seem to be emphasized enough at some higher-ranked universities. MojaveGeek, I think your advice to your students is worthy of applause. I’ve met too few professors who have had a similar attitude.

Kudos to TacoLand for taking over the helm of the non-profit organization. That’s a great thing you are doing, and I hope you are able to find a way to successfully balance your workload and also find some time for traveling. Any chance you might be willing to share more info about this organization? I’m curious.
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Did You Do in Death Valley Today? - by Kauri - 2022-04-11, 02:22 PM