Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
southeast Africa: when trips go very very badly
So, before you ask, no ... you can't borrow my truck.

Wild adventure and thanks for sharing. Most importantly, glad you made it out alive. A lot of classic examples here of how people get into a bad situation that keeps getting worse. That combination of poor trip planning (in the form of reliance on unverified maps in an unknown region ... been there, done that), along with stress, lack of sleep, and a pressing "goal" to get somewhere, all resulting in a cascade of bad decisions in continuing to drive down poor/unpassable roads.

I don't know what the correct way of handling all this would have been, and I'm not trying to chastise or be negative towards you, it's more an observation of this is how things go real bad and potentially catastrophic or fatal. Definitely some similarities to reading reports about how people end up dying in Death Valley, making one bad decision after another.

Again though, glad you're okay and sorry that trip didn't turn out remotely how you probably intended.

Messages In This Thread
RE: southeast Africa: when trips go very very badly - by TacoLand - 2022-07-18, 08:55 AM