Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video - 1997 Overnighter at Panamint City
(2022-10-03, 07:24 AM)MojaveGeek Wrote: But it's rather a chore to digitize hours of, say, VHS, unless you have the right setup.

I had two Magnavox DVD/VHS recorders, both purchased for around $150 at Walmart. It was pretty easy to dub VHS to DVD, just start the process and walk away.

Within about five years (around 2016) both had developed the tendency to eat VHS tapes. I first attempted cleaning tapes, but it ate those too. I researched the issue and found it involves the mechanics of the player, not a cheap or easy fix.

By then I could not buy a new unit unless I paid extremely high prices because supplies were limited since they were being phased out. I haven’t checked in a while, but refurbished units were running over $500 on eBay and other outlets. I have never had any good results with refurbished electronics so I have passed.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video - 1997 Overnighter at Panamint City - by DAW89446 - 2022-10-03, 08:32 PM