Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussing mine exploration?
Since exploring mines is *technically* a crime you can be ticketed for, I would urge trepidation. That said, there are quite literally hundreds of websites and reports of DV mine exploration. I doubt anybody has ever been fined for mine exploration in the park.

Whether or not I report on an exploration for mines is usually the same way I consider it for any other sensitive site: is it cool enough to share? If so, will sharing details of the location on this or any other forum endanger what makes it cool? Is sharing without mentioning location-revealing facts doable? If yes, then share away.

I personally have no problem sharing pictures of insides and immediate surroundings freely without mentioning the mine name or location. That's just me, though.

Bats… oh, bats. I can't recall ever finding a colony of bats in or around DV. I don't know the hibernation habits of bats in Death Valley, if they do at all. If they do, then the rule is generally to stay out of the underground November thru April 01 here in the PNW to make sure they hibernate well. If white nose syndrome is your primary concern, look up the decontamination procedures and follow best you can. The Park has resource management staff that may be able to tell you if/where the major bat populations are and what their hibernation patterns are.
Check me out on YouTube @ BetterGeology! https://www.youtube.com/c/BetterGeology

And my out-of-date website dvexplore.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread
Discussing mine exploration? - by Daymoth - 2023-02-20, 04:34 PM
RE: Discussing mine exploration? - by GowerGulch42 - 2023-02-20, 05:00 PM
RE: Discussing mine exploration? - by DAW89446 - 2023-02-20, 08:02 PM
RE: Discussing mine exploration? - by Daymoth - 2023-02-20, 06:03 PM
RE: Discussing mine exploration? - by netllama - 2023-02-20, 09:12 PM
RE: Discussing mine exploration? - by MojaveGeek - 2023-02-21, 06:34 AM
RE: Discussing mine exploration? - by Daymoth - 2023-02-21, 09:50 AM