Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Rate Changes for Campgrounds and Backcountry Permits at DVNP
I am aware that some of these changes have been proposed on paper since the mid-90's, especially plans to designate sites in Echo/Hole in the Wall/Cottonwood. That's one of the things that makes them hard to research: You have to go back crazy far, through tons of documents to find the original proposals/plans. And I haven't found their internal search engines of very much help.

I do find it a bit funny that in all that time they didn't come up with a better plan for Cottonwood than putting all the sites in low points in the wash in the narrows where they're wiped out every time it rains, forcing them to close everything until they can get a blade back in there again. But I digress.

Does anyone have access to a map/info of what the permitted/restricted areas in Greenwater Valley are now? I looked extensively on the NPS site and couldn't find anything. Heck, I couldn't find anything on the roads that are already permitted in the park.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed Rate Changes for Campgrounds and Backcountry Permits at DVNP - by Beardilocks - 2023-09-27, 10:59 AM