Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Rate Changes for Campgrounds and Backcountry Permits at DVNP
My apologies, bad phrasing in my post. Greenwater has been on the list for *planned* permit only backcountry camping. This is the first I've seen them indicate that permits are now actually going to be required. Seems like they are rolling that out at the same time as the online permitting.

I've not seen anything about where the Greenwater sites will be, much like we didn't see anything about where the Echo/Hole/Cottonwood/Marble sites were.

And yes, it is very challenging to find any of the planning stuff unless you happen to be vigilantly following along. Or more often in my case I go searching for one thing and find another I never knew about.

The online only aspect is definitely annoying due to poor cell availability in the park. At the same time, I know folks entering from the west were extremely annoyed you had to drive all the way to Furnace Creek to get a Cottonwood/Marble campsite permit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed Rate Changes for Campgrounds and Backcountry Permits at DVNP - by DVexile - 2023-09-27, 03:14 PM