Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Special Thanks to Netllama!
Thank you very much for the fastest build of a forum replacement I have ever seen. 

So great to have Death Valley Forum 2.0.

Awesome work!
For real! This might be a world record for setting up a Forum! :o
I see the old D-V.net masthead. Copywrite infringement?  Big Grin Tongue
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Glad to help!
Agreed, that was an incredibly fast forum set-up, thank you Netllama!!!

One idea/question: Is there any way to help folks who might be googling something along the lines of "what happened to the death-valley.net forum" find this new forum? Just thinking of old forum members who don't know what's happened in the last 36 hours (wow, did all this really happen so fast??).
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com
(2020-09-13, 09:06 PM)DAW89446 Wrote: I see the old D-V.net masthead. Copywrite infringement?  Big Grin Tongue

Ha ha.  Trying to ensure some continuity.  Might replace it with something new/better at some point.
(2020-09-13, 09:08 PM)Kauri Wrote: Agreed, that was an incredibly fast forum set-up, thank you Netllama!!!

One idea/question: Is there any way to help folks who might be googling something along the lines of "what happened to the death-valley.net forum" find this new forum? Just thinking of old forum members who don't know what's happened in the last 36 hours (wow, did all this really happen so fast??).

I'm open to suggestions. Unfortunately, I've already been locked out of the old site as a result of scraping all 232MB of posts so I can't even post there any more.
It all was such a whirlwind and what little hair I have is all in a mess. I only found out late yesterday and checked early this afternoon and found D-V.net shut down entirely. Happy that you put all of this together on such a short notice. I thought I was going to have to start checking the old DV Talk board. I am surprised it is still alive, as only one person seems to post, and that far and few in between. That and their cookies don’t work, so that I have to log on manually every time, or put up with the oddball default format.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
(2020-09-13, 09:18 PM)DAW89446 Wrote: It all was such a whirlwind and what little hair I have is all in a mess. I only found out late yesterday and checked early this afternoon and found D-V.net shut down entirely. Happy that you put all of this together on such a short notice. I thought I was going to have to start checking the old DV Talk board. I am surprised it is still alive, as only one person seems to post, and that far and few in between. That and their cookies don’t work, so that I have to log on manually every time, or put up with the oddball default format.

Yea, that old DV Talk msg board has been odd since the new UI transition. When they switched to the new UI a few years ago, it seems to have been the final nail in the coffin, as the activity dropped dramatically. There's barely one new post/month now.
Wow look how many have beat me to posting here already!

Thanks netlama!!!

DAW and some digits.. Is that D. A. Wright?