Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooding Death Valley
https://flipboard.com/video/whatif/0ae8e31040
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Strange. Did I miss any mention of the fact that this would be salt water?
(2022-03-06, 04:36 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Strange.  Did I miss any mention of the fact that this would be salt water?

If they did I didn’t catch it. They went to great length to tell about how all inflow to the Salton Sea with no outlet created increasing salinity to the lake. And it was fresh water that created the Salton Sea. But no mention of salt water and effects on Death Valley. The whole thing sounds far fetched and a ridiculous scheme to me anyway. I’m not sure if this video was serious or just someone with a lot of time on their hands.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Who thinks of these things? 

Venture capital firm Y Combinator did and put a price tag on it in excess of $50 trillion...

Y Combinator Request for Startups - Desert Flooding

NBC News - Would flooding the deserts help stop global warming?

The idea is “risky, unproven, even unlikely to work," according to Y Combinator.
I want that six minutes of my life back! Apparently, they've solved the problem of evaporation, and manage to create a perpetual motion machine that would generate more power from hydroelectric, than it would take to move said water over the Sierras and back to the Pacific.

David Bricker / SYR
DV Rat.  Live upstate NY, play Death Valley, retiring to Hawaii. '95 Cherokee, barely.