Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Major bridge list
Does anyone know the full list of the known major bridges in DV?  I think there should be 17 but I seem to be missing a couple.

1. Natural
2. Hidden
3. Keane wonder
4. Little
5. Sidewinder 1
6. Sidewinder 2
7. Sidewinder 3
8. Tunnel
9. Moonlight
10. Crescent
11. Sunlight
12. Turret
13. Crown
14. Double
15. Cavern
16.  ???
17. ???
The two you're missing are Jenson Bridge (in Mummy Canyon) and Tucki Bridge.

Thank you for working on this list!
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com
Thank you! It was driving me crazy. Now off to visit them :-)
(2022-05-17, 05:34 PM)Brice Wrote: Thank you! It was driving me crazy. Now off to visit them :-)

A worthy quest! Some are easy... some a piece of work!
(2022-05-17, 06:33 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote:
(2022-05-17, 05:34 PM)Brice Wrote: Thank you!  It was driving me crazy.  Now off to visit them :-)

A worthy quest!  Some are easy... some a piece of work!

Somehow Jenson was totally unknown to me so I need to go see it.  Of the others, the only one I haven't located or been to is Cavern, but the good news is that DV has a finite area, so finding it is inevitable!
(2022-05-17, 08:40 PM)Brice Wrote: Somehow Jenson was totally unknown to me so I need to go see it.  Of the others, the only one I haven't located or been to is Cavern, but the good news is that DV has a finite area, so finding it is inevitable!

I don't know that one myself.
As for DV being finite... I find it is a fractal-like landscape - the more you see of it, the more you realize you haven't yet seen!
There are some recent trip reports on Mummy Canyon. On the way in, look closely at the rocks facing you. One will tell you where the name Jensen comes from.
(2022-05-18, 12:02 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote:
(2022-05-17, 08:40 PM)Brice Wrote: Somehow Jenson was totally unknown to me so I need to go see it.  Of the others, the only one I haven't located or been to is Cavern, but the good news is that DV has a finite area, so finding it is inevitable!

I don't know that one myself.
As for DV being finite... I find it is a fractal-like landscape - the more you see of it, the more you realize you haven't yet seen!

Good point, MojaveGeek! I like the fractal analogy Smile 

Brice, I know that Cavern Bridge is in one of the side-slots in the Sidewinder Canyon area, and it cannot be accessed from the main canyon due to a tall, loose dry-fall. I think I recall from Steve Hall's trip reports (and this is testing my memory here!) that it's in one of the first major slots, but I could be remembering wrong, and finding a route into that side-slot from above is challenging especially because of the loose nature of the terrain. I hope you're able to find this bridge!
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com
(2022-05-18, 02:56 PM)Kauri Wrote: Brice, I know that Cavern Bridge is in one of the side-slots in the Sidewinder Canyon area, and it cannot be accessed from the main canyon due to a tall, loose dry-fall. I think I recall from Steve Hall's trip reports (and this is testing my memory here!) that it's in one of the first major slots, but I could be remembering wrong, and finding a route into that side-slot from above is challenging especially because of the loose nature of the terrain. I hope you're able to find this bridge!

Wow thanks for the lead!  I'll check it out this winter.
(2022-05-18, 02:56 PM)Kauri Wrote: Good point, MojaveGeek! I like the fractal analogy Smile 

When I wrote that I wasn't sure everyone would understand what I meant, but no surprise you do, Kauri!!  Smile