Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
planned maintenance Friday, December 2
The forum will be unavailable on Friday, December 2 in the afternoon (PT) for approximately 1 hour to apply the latest security updates for the forum software.

This thread will be updated once the upgrade has been completed.
Thanks as always for keeping this forum alive and up to date. Several of my other forums aren't as near up to date. I guess when I retire, I'm going to actually have to learn Forum Tools-speak.

Did I mention I hate web tools? I can deal with hot customers when we have an outage on 50 Petabytes of storage, but this web stuff? Blecch.

David Bricker / SYR
DV Rat.  Live upstate NY, play Death Valley, retiring to Hawaii. '95 Cherokee, barely.
(2022-11-25, 07:59 PM)David_Bricker Wrote: Thanks as always for keeping this forum alive and up to date.  Several of my other forums aren't as near up to date.  I guess when I retire, I'm going to actually have to learn Forum Tools-speak.

Did I mention I hate web tools?  I can deal with hot customers when we have an outage on 50 Petabytes of storage, but this web stuff?  Blecch.

David Bricker / SYR

Its not that difficult, as long as it doesn't fall behind.  Most of the forum software updates are simply unzipping an archive and then running a php script in a web browser.  The more time consuming part is testing it out first (elsewhere) to make sure that it doesn't blow up in some weird way.
(2022-11-25, 11:40 PM)netllama Wrote: Its not that difficult, as long as it doesn't fall behind.  Most of the forum software updates are simply unzipping an archive and then running a php script in a web browser.  The more time consuming part is testing it out first (elsewhere) to make sure that it doesn't blow up in some weird way.

Whether it is easy or hard, let me add my appreciation once again!
This work has been completed successfully. Please add comments to this thread if you see any issues.
And, as always, not even noticeable. Thanks!

David Bricker / SYR
DV Rat.  Live upstate NY, play Death Valley, retiring to Hawaii. '95 Cherokee, barely.