Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paleontology tours
There were 3 dates posted for Feb.   I check this morning, 7 AM pacific time, and they showed on about the 15th, and two later in the month.   None were "released yet".   I checked just now, 9:40 Pacific, and the earlier Feb one is gone arleady - I assume booked up immediately?   Gotta fast on the fingers to get those slots I guess.
I bet those who are vying for a slot are using automated bots to keep an eye in real time and snag an opening. Sort of like what eBay users started doing 20 years ago to increase their odds of success.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
(2023-02-01, 01:59 PM)DAW89446 Wrote: I bet those who are vying for a slot are using automated bots to keep an eye in real time and snag an opening. Sort of like what eBay users started doing 20 years ago to increase their odds of success.

No one is writing a bot to snag an obscure tour in DVNP. There's zero financial incentive, and this would require a custom bot (lots of time/effort).
I think they release tickets, one date at a time, at 7am on a specific date. IIRC you click or hover on the date you’d like to purchase and it popped up the date/time tickets are released.

It’s doesn’t hurt to check the site frequently either. I got tickets when I checked in and someone had cancelled on a previously sold out date.

But your best bet is to just be ready when they are released.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com
(2023-02-02, 09:51 AM)Beardilocks Wrote: I think they release tickets, one date at a time, at 7am on a specific date. IIRC you click or hover on the date you’d like to purchase and it popped up the date/time tickets are released.

Bingo. Maybe he's the one who deserves the "Geek" title. Indeed, as the man says, hover over, and be ready at 7 AM PST.
Thanks much!
There is now currently 1 ticket available for 4 Feb if anyone will be in the area, grab it now!
There appears to be a single ticket available for tomorrows paleontology tour. The calendar no longer shows any of the future dates so not possible to figure out when I should be checking to see if I can get on one while out there.
If someone here can go tomorrow....
I think this saturday is the last date for the season.

(We were hoping to go but could not take the time off sadly so didnt even try. Next year hopefully)
(2023-02-22, 02:03 PM)Daymoth Wrote: I think this saturday is the last date for the season.

There were at least two shown on the calendar for March at the beginning of this month, but they no longer show. No idea why, just noting.
(2023-02-22, 04:33 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote:
(2023-02-22, 02:03 PM)Daymoth Wrote: I think this saturday is the last date for the season.

There were at least two shown on the calendar for March at the beginning of this month, but they no longer show.  No idea why, just noting.

Weird! Maybe a glitch?  This is what they had on the website:

2023 Season Dates:
Wednesday, January 11
Saturday, January 21
Saturday, February 4
Wednesday, February 15
Thursday, February 23
Saturday, February 25