Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crickets....
Its vewy quiet here lately...

what's everyone up to ?
The nation's high yesterday was 106F in Death Valley. I don't know what people are doing, but it is not in DV.
(2023-06-15, 07:36 AM)trailhound Wrote: The nation's high yesterday was 106F in Death Valley. I don't know what people are doing, but it is not in DV.

106F is kinda cool for DV
We always get pretty quiet in the summer, until people start thinking about cooler weather plans as we get toward fall. My summer plans include Montana, eastern Sierra (from June Lake which is near Mono Lake), and Washington.
I do stick my nose into the forum from time to time to see if anything is up.
Just finally found the forum. I was on the old DV.net board all the time but rarely posted. I was devastated when it disappeared since it was my go-to for hike ideas and checking road conditions for my yearly, or sometimes more, trips to DV.
(2023-06-16, 07:32 AM)Gtrsolo350 Wrote: Just finally found the forum. I was on the old DV.net board all the time but rarely posted. I was devastated when it disappeared since it was my go-to for hike ideas and checking road conditions for my yearly, or sometimes more, trips to DV.

Welcome!! Better late than never. Tell anyone else who got left behind to join us!
Geek, feel free to let me know when you're in June Lake. I'm hoping to get to Mammoth once the snow clears enough to get to some of our favorite trails, and it's possible our trip days might overlap. I'm planning to explore various parts of the Sierras this summer, and maybe get to Lassen as well. Currently finishing grading final exams, and looking forward to doing something other than staring at a computer screen this summer...
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com
My cat got sick so right now im just a day at a time.
I'm on my way home after a camping trip to Yellowstone with my granddaughter who's 10. We had a great time, saw five bears even (safely every time). Beehive Geyser went off for us while we were there and it is much more impressive than Old Faithful, which was of course faithful. Indian Creek campground had the best vault toilets I have ever encountered. My only gripe was the the weather was ten degrees lower than the predictions, and none of the gift shops sell thermal underwear. Drat.
(2023-06-18, 12:22 AM)Daymoth Wrote: My cat got sick so right now im just a day at a time.

oh no! hopefully nothing serious.