Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't stay logged in
Since I've just upgraded to MacOS Monterey on my late 2015 Imac I don't stay logged in after leaving the site. I have to login in again. Most likely something on my side of things.
I'm on various versions of Windows and I have no issue. I imagine you have to be not browsing incognito and allowing cookies.
Possibly auto-clearing of browsing history and/or cookies? Just a thought.
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com
(2023-10-16, 10:43 AM)jesportland Wrote: Since I've just upgraded to MacOS Monterey on my late 2015 Imac I don't stay logged in after leaving the site. I have to login in again. Most likely something on my side of things.

Which web browser are you using? Can you test with a different one (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc) ?
I'm able to stay logged in on multiple MacOS devices with Safari, and on iOS ... if you've got more details, jesportland, I can try to recreate from my end. Not sure how many Apple users there are here.
I've seen this issue on another bulletin board I frequent. It seems like clearing cookies / making sure they are allowed for this site has taken care of the issue.

David Bricker / SYR
DV Rat.  Live upstate NY, play Death Valley, retiring to Hawaii. '95 Cherokee, barely.
No issues for me. Currently on my 7th gen iPad running IOS 16.6.1. No issues either on my old Dell desktop running Windows 10.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
@jesportland did you get this fixed ?
OK, this is happening to me now. Perhaps related to having to re-launch my browser after a power failure?

I'm not recognized when I open the site. I have to log in again. I have clicked "remember me".
When I enter my name and PW I see an error message:

Death Valley
Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again

But when I then go to the forum, I am recognized correctly. Until I log out.

Chrome, Win 7.
(2023-11-01, 06:42 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: OK, this is happening to me now. Perhaps related to having to re-launch my browser after a power failure?

I'm not recognized when I open the site. I have to log in again. I have clicked "remember me".
When I enter my name and PW I see an error message:

Death Valley
Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again

But when I then go to the forum, I am recognized correctly. Until I log out.

Chrome, Win 7.

You're saying that if you log out, then attempt to log in, you get that error, but if you return to the forum, you are actually logged in successfully and everything works fine until you log out again?