Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Hill Road
Has anyone been on Lake Hill road recently?  We are hoping to camp there next week.
(2024-01-18, 06:04 PM)Shasta Dog Wrote: Has anyone been on Lake Hill road recently?  We are hoping to camp there next week.

I was there in November.  It's passable by any vehicle with medium clearance.  There was a minivan parked at the end of it when I was there.  The drive is slow regardless of your vehicle though.   The road is crossed 100 times or more by small water cut gullies, so you'll be constantly slowing down to dip into and out of them.
Assuming you mean the road which curves sharply to the right and goes uphill to the Big Four Mine... It is usually OK to the turn, which is where people park to walk to the dunes. A friend was there a few days ago and said the road was rough but nothing dramatic.
(2024-01-18, 06:10 PM)Brice Wrote:
(2024-01-18, 06:04 PM)Shasta Dog Wrote: Has anyone been on Lake Hill road recently?  We are hoping to camp there next week.

I was there in November.  It's passable by any vehicle with medium clearance.  There was a minivan parked at the end of it when I was there.  The drive is slow regardless of your vehicle though.   The road is crossed 100 times or more by small water cut gullies, so you'll be constantly slowing down to dip into and out of them.

Thank you!  That was the answer I was looking for.
(2024-01-18, 06:36 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote: Assuming you mean the road which curves sharply to the right and goes uphill to the Big Four Mine...  It is usually OK to the turn, which is where people park to walk to the dunes. A friend was there a few days ago and said the road was rough but nothing dramatic.

Thank you.  Good to know it's good to the mine turn.