Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campgrounds Raise Fees
Death Valley National Park updated campground fees go into effect May 1, 2024 (sierrawave.net)
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Thanks for the info DAW. Meanwhile, Stovepipe Wells raised their pool pass to $10 (was $5).
(2024-03-21, 02:56 PM)Bluegreen kayak Wrote: Thanks for the info DAW. Meanwhile, Stovepipe Wells raised their pool pass to $10 (was $5).

It was $5 last time I paid.  Not that I always pay...  I thought around $5 was fair.  $10 is asking a lot for that pool/shower situation. 

And I thought $14 was PLENTY for Mesquite Springs. 

Guess it's BLM land or dine & dash (sleep & scram?) for me.  Prices are getting out of control.

And I have now heard AGAIN (after back & forth conflicting info all year) that all "free" permitted camp sites are moving to Rec.gov in the next month or two.  Meaning they will be $8 for the privledge of using that horrible site.  Ugh.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com
(2024-03-21, 02:56 PM)Bluegreen kayak Wrote: Meanwhile, Stovepipe Wells raised their pool pass to $10 (was $5).

I must be the last person to find out about the shower/pool pass at Stovepipe Wells. Next someone will tell me there is a frozen margarita stand in the middle of Saline Valley.
Don't feel bad, Edward. I only just found out people pay to sleep in all those DV human holding pens y'all are calling "campgrounds." Gross.
Be thankful they all do or they’d be trying to park on top of you out in the wilds.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com
(2024-03-22, 03:23 PM)Beardilocks Wrote: Be thankful they all do or they’d be trying to park on top of you out in the wilds.

Say, the holding pens are 0 and your style and locations for camping are 10, what most of us call off the grid camping falls between 4 and 7. And from I hear from friends who camp at 7 are complaining loudly at the lunacy they witness and are infringed upon by the city people who come at midnight, set up feet away, and make as much noise as they can until the sun comes up.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
(2024-03-21, 05:21 PM)edward Wrote: I must be the last person to find out about the shower/pool pass at Stovepipe Wells. Next someone will tell me there is a frozen margarita stand in the middle of Saline Valley.

Some days there is....
Adding to the pain, now the Park Service isn't taking cash.

Frustrated visitors sue National Park Service over new policy (sfgate.com)
DAW
There is, after all, a reason that our currency states "This note is legal tender for all debts both public and private".
Check me out on YouTube @ BetterGeology! https://www.youtube.com/c/BetterGeology

And my out-of-date website dvexplore.blogspot.com