Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial Photography In DEVA Update
(2023-02-08, 09:26 PM)netllama Wrote:
(2023-02-08, 12:04 PM)DAW89446 Wrote: I'm happy that I have plenty of videos and photos from my travels in DVNP and vicinity. It's been 15 years since I last visited, that was in the northern end of the park. Circumstances seem to indicate the potential that it may prove to be the last.

That sounds a bit morbid & grim.

DAW, I of course understand if there are personal details you'd prefer not to share with us publicly on the forum, but I did want to mention, if you would like to make a trip back to DVNP, whether in-person or "virtual," and would like help/support due to health or other concerns, I'm sure folks here would be happy to help if able, especially in appreciation for the huge wealth of information and knowledge you've shared on these forums (and hopefully will continue to be able to do so for many more years!) I recall DV Dazed did a video call with someone who had worked at the King Midas Mine, and with modern technology and increased cellular service in the valley (for better or worse!) that seems to be more realistically possible. And I think there are some 4WD clubs who still do events in DVNP if you have concerns about traveling to the back-country in a single vehicle (you may already be aware of these clubs and trips?) I sincerely wish I was able to offer help with this myself--unfortunately I haven't been able to get back to the main part of DVNP for five years now, both due to taking care of my father, who has since passed, and because of my own uncertain job situation--and I am very grateful for both the frequently shared trip reports and my own database of photos from the park.
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Commercial Photography In DEVA Update - by Kauri - 2023-02-08, 09:53 PM