Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial Photography In DEVA Update
Thanks all. No morbidity or grimness intended. I just don't see myself going to DVNP any time soon, unless we are passing through.

My wife and I are getting older, solidly into Social Security and Medicare years; my wife's disability makes it impossible for her to off road any longer; old occupational illness and injuries from my two decades working in Trona are catching up and making it too painful to enjoy getting out and beating myself up in the back country in places like DVNP. I got rid of my camping gear a decade ago. I'm not worried about a vehicle, as I drive a late model Toyota 4Runner - stock but shod with load range E BFG All Terrain T/A KO2 tires, which replaced my Tacoma TRD and went to my grandson in 2019. The tires and truck get plenty of off road use as my area of Nevada is literally crisscrossed by a network of maintained dirt roads; along with the abundant snow and winter mud.

We no longer have family in the Mojave Desert or southern California now, so there's no reason to go south. I keep it close to home also because I stay close for the needs of my mother, well up in her 90s though living independently.

When we travel my wife and I and our two small dogs stay in a motel. We haven't even visited the Owens Valley in almost seven years. Now that COVID is pretty much past, we are venturing out in nearby Idaho and upland areas of northern Nevada in summer, where we can stay for a reasonable fee in a motel in a nearby town and base out of these places.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Commercial Photography In DEVA Update - by DAW89446 - 2023-02-08, 10:18 PM