Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday, March 13th
I'll be out in Death Valley March 13-22/23? soon, hiking Kaleidoscope and Mormon canyons, and hopefully backpacking Bighorn Gorge. I'm sending this out because sometime back I purchased 3 tickets for an outside tour of Scotty's Castle and the flood damage. The tour is on Sunday, March 13th at 1 pm. It looks as if my third person won't make it (unless airfares suddenly plummet), so I have a spot available. I'm not looking to sell it, I would just like someone to benefit from it. Anyone interested?
Two days too early! We don't come in until 3/15....Believe we did that tour early on, 2017 2018? It would be interesting to see what has changed since then.
(2022-03-05, 09:45 AM)jesportland Wrote: Two days too early! We don't come in until 3/15....Believe we did that tour early on, 2017 2018? It would be interesting to see what has changed since then.

Was that a typo of 3/15 when you meant (from context) 3/25? If so, where will you be staying? We'll be at SPW for a week, arriving on the 25th. We are supposedly booked into the very last room dune side in the back building, Road Runners.
(2022-03-06, 04:32 PM)MojaveGeek Wrote:
(2022-03-05, 09:45 AM)jesportland Wrote: Two days too early! We don't come in until 3/15....Believe we did that tour early on, 2017 2018? It would be interesting to see what has changed since then.

Was that a typo of 3/15 when you meant (from context) 3/25?  If so, where will you be staying?  We'll be at SPW for a week, arriving on the 25th.  We are supposedly booked into the very last room dune side in the back building, Road Runners.

Nice! We always had the adjacent room, RoadRunners very last room on the non-dune side, room 211. Many happy memories there.
Link to my DV trip reports, and map of named places in DV (official and unofficial): http://kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com
Wow, is everyone heading there next week? I'll be in the park the 18th - 22!
Check me out on YouTube @ BetterGeology! https://www.youtube.com/c/BetterGeology

And my out-of-date website dvexplore.blogspot.com
I'll be there from the 25th to the 3rd, staying at SPW. Probably won't be accessing the forum while I'm there; SPW is not known for its wifi Smile

BTW I saw a pic in a FB group that gas was $7.50 at Furnace.
Yes, I am so boring......back again 3/15 for our spring trip(fall with sister/friend) with my wife. Eight nights R Pod at FC hook up with perhaps move to Texas Springs if "favorite" site opens up. I'll be driving slower with trailer from SW Portland to Camp Sherman cabin night to colorful Austin again! Normally drive about 70 plus mph but this trip closer to 60 or less. Except the section from Tonopah in!
(2022-03-07, 01:04 PM)GowerGulch42 Wrote: Wow, is everyone heading there next week? I'll be in the park the 18th - 22!

Nope, we just got back home from DVNP.
I want trip reports!!
(2022-03-09, 02:00 PM)Daymoth Wrote: I want trip reports!!

http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/2022/02/deat...ruary.html

First of four parts. Links to the next part at the bottom of each.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.