Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lemoigne OPEN - request for scouting
According to the park's road conditions page, Lemoigne is open. 

If anybody goes and checks it out in the coming 3 weeks or so, I have a request: We're visiting at the end of February, and we're contemplating bringing our off-road trailer behind the full-size F-150 that my parents have. That road tends to have big steps in it over the first mile or so, which have historically been an issue for us (though never impassable). If you manage to make it to Lemoigne, would you kindly report on the condition of those steps, in particular the ones on either side of the first main wash crossing, the one by the big dirt pile, and the last one before the road turns left up the fan. 

I'll be eternally grateful to you!
Check me out on YouTube @ BetterGeology! https://www.youtube.com/c/BetterGeology

And my out-of-date website dvexplore.blogspot.com
If it survives the next couple of days and I make it to Stovepipe, I’ll check it out.

I know every dip you mean. If every other road in the park is an indication of how they’re doing things now, I’m expecting it to be heavily bulldozed.
Check out my travel blog: www.pocketsfullofdust.com
Just talked to NPS and there’s a good possibility that it Will get re-closed as soon as it’s assessed. Another 2” of rain is undoing a lot very quickly.

I’ll update as things go here.
Oof. Thanks for asking!
Check me out on YouTube @ BetterGeology! https://www.youtube.com/c/BetterGeology

And my out-of-date website dvexplore.blogspot.com
It still shows as open in the online NPS map. I am not sure how quickly that gets updated. But it does show the paved road to Dante's as closed (snow perhaps?) - but the whole road, preventing access to the northern side of Greenwater if it is barricaded. And the Keane Wonder road is closed - I think I saw it open just before the rain?
If you click on the lower half of Dante’s it states it open to the trailer parking at Greenwater (which is technically still FC Washington Rd according to Google. 😂

Lemoigne I’m quite sure no one has checked. They’re busy with heavily traveled roads.

I can report that Harry Wade has surprisingly already been regraded.
First ... I REALLY wish DV NPS would do a better job of listing what has been added & removed from their road conditions page. All I can usually go by is the "updated" date – which as of right now was yesterday, February 10.

No updates or info specific to Lemoigne, but they're showing that Cottonwood / Marble is now closed due to flood damage.

Also, the text says Butte / Warm Springs is open ... it's now marked red on the map, as well as ALL of West Side Road.

Saline Preservation's forum has also been MIA for the last 48 or so hours, so no updates on North Pass ... definitely got gnarly in the Park this last week though.
There’s been some North Pass updates on the Saline FB page. 2-3ft at the pass looks like. Most vehicles can’t make the hill.

Southern West Side/Warm Springs is closed because there’s a 30-40ft river across the road right now. They are staging equipment there so I’m hoping West Side is still getting work & the crossing will be open soon.

GG: How late in Feb are you coming? Hoping to hit Lemoigne Rd next week if they don’t list it as closed first.
(2024-02-11, 11:53 AM)TacoLand Wrote: Saline Preservation's forum has also been MIA for the last 48 or so hours, ...

Yeah, I wasn't able to get on yesterday. Wondered what was up with that. Just checked and still down. I've noticed some tension building in the past year between old timers and newbies, complaints that no one was donating, and wondered if they just tossed in the towel.
DAW
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
According to FB they had to update the site and permissions are updating or keys are … doing key things. There’s been a lot of chatter about it on the Saline FB page. It should be back very soon.